By Gerald Horne
Read or Download Confronting Black Jacobins: The U.S., the Haitian Revolution, and the Origins of the Dominican Republic PDF
Best international affairs books
First released in 1966
During this brief, obtainable and to-the-point e-book, eu fee Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič argues that the european needs to proceed to maneuver in the direction of a extra political union, to damage decisively with the darker forces of chauvinism and mutual hostility that solid a shadow over a lot of Europe’s 20th century background.
The 2011 Arab uprisings are built-in into the stream to create a neighborhood financial neighborhood for a possible twenty-eight countries, with approximately 500 million electorate. A reinvented Marshall Plan, supported across the world, is imminent. This up-to-date publication presents strategic types to improve the companies required.
The political realities of up to date Russia are poorly understood by way of Western observers and policy-makers. but if it is the clash in Syria, the wintry weather Olympics in Sochi or the predicament in Ukraine, Russia dominates the headlines. during this hugely attractive publication, Andrew Monaghan explains the significance of 'getting Russia right', and never easily accepting dominant political narratives that concentrate on the subject of Russia's old development in the direction of democracy, and extra lately, at the expanding flip in the direction of authoritarianism, and the most important hindrance posed through President Vladimir Putin to Russia's improvement and reform.
- Safe for Decolonization: The Eisenhower Administration, Britain, and Singapore (New Studies in U.S. Foreign Relations)
- Soviet Strategy in the Middle East: Volume 22 (Routledge Library Editions: Politics of the Middle East)
- Mexico and the Post-2015 Development Agenda: Contributions and Challenges (Governance, Development, and Social Inclusion in Latin America)
- Global Flashpoints 2016: Crisis and Opportunity (CSIS Reports)
- Political Atlas of the Modern World
- The United States and Saudi Arabia – Explaining the Strange Relationship after the End of the Cold War (Aus der Reihe: e-fellows.net stipendiaten-wissen)
Extra resources for Confronting Black Jacobins: The U.S., the Haitian Revolution, and the Origins of the Dominican Republic