By Brian I. Crother
* offers the 1st entire assessment of amphibians and reptiles within the Caribbean
* comprises colour plates and island maps
* participants are famous professionals within the field
Read Online or Download Caribbean Amphibians and Reptiles PDF
Similar ecology books
The most goal of this publication is to compile contributions from biology, cognitive technological know-how, and the arts for a joint exploration of a few of the most modern notions facing the knowledge of origins in life,mind and society. The query of starting place is inseparable from an internet of hypotheses that either form and clarify us.
Strong isotope ratio version in normal structures displays the dynamics of Earth platforms procedures and imparts isotope labels to Earth fabrics. Carbon isotope ratios of atmospheric CO2 list alternate of carbon among the biosphere and the ambience; the wonderful trips of migrating monarchs is documented by means of hydrogen isotopes of their wings; and water incorporates an isotopic checklist of its resource and heritage because it traverses the ambience and land floor.
This up to date assessment examines key components of animal behaviour, together with conversation, cognition, clash, cooperation, sexual choice and behavioural edition. numerous assessments are lined, together with fresh empirical examples.
Reintroduction of Fish and flora and fauna Populations presents a pragmatic step by step advisor to effectively making plans, enforcing, and comparing the reestablishment of animal populations in former habitats or their advent in new environments. In every one bankruptcy, specialists in reintroduction biology define a accomplished synthesis of center strategies, concerns, thoughts, and views.
- Old Fields: Dynamics and Restoration of Abandoned Farmland (The Science and Practice of Ecological Restoration Series)
- Invasion Ecology
- Ecological Restoration: Principles, Values, and Structure of an Emerging Profession (The Science and Practice of Ecological Restoration Series)
- Organic Farming for Sustainable Agriculture (Sustainable Development and Biodiversity)
- Biophysical Ecology (Dover Books on Biology)
Extra resources for Caribbean Amphibians and Reptiles