By Ruth Bellairs,Mark Osmond
The Atlas of Chick improvement, 3rd Edition, a vintage paintings overlaying all significant occasion of chick improvement, is generally up-to-date with new and extra precise pictures, enlargements exhibiting areas of special-interest and complexity, and new illustrations. The revised textual content and multiplied illustrative fabric describe the complicated alterations that happen in the course of improvement, including debts of contemporary experimental and molecular study that has reworked our knowing of morphogenesis.
These wide-ranging updates make this booklet a necessary source for developmental biologists, geneticists, molecular biologists, bird scientists, biochemists, immunologists, and different existence scientists who use the chick embryo as their study version. contributors becoming a member of this burgeoning quarter, ignited by way of the elevated perception into occasions surrounding organ and tissue differentiation, will locate this a necessary device to aid develop a simple wisdom of morphogenesis.
- Remains the tested standard—the purely e-book delivering a complete description of chick improvement from fertilization to hatching
- Contains greater than 750 pictures and illustrations, together with 410 labelled histological sections and eighty five new top of the range plates, displaying the most important anatomical occasions from the earliest phases to thirteen days of incubation
- Includes greater than two hundred labelled and unique scanning electron micrographs, displaying a variety of tissues in nice detail
- Leads the reader to special experiences on elements of this swiftly relocating box, in addition to huge and up-to-date references
Read or Download Atlas of Chick Development PDF
Best developmental biology books
A dialogue of the neural crest and neural crest cells, facing their discovery, their embryological and evolutionary origins, their mobile derivatives - in either agnathan and jawed vertebrates or gnathostomes - and the large issues of migration and differentiation in common improvement. The publication additionally considers what is going fallacious while improvement is misdirected by means of mutations, or by means of publicity of embryos to exogenous brokers corresponding to medicines, alcohol, or extra nutrition A, and comprises discussions of tumours and syndromes and beginning defects concerning neural crest cells.
Evolutionary developmental biology, or 'evo-devo', is the research of the connection among evolution and improvement. Dealing particularly with the generative mechanisms of organismal shape, evo-devo is going immediately to the center of the developmental starting place of edition, the uncooked fabric on which average choice (and random waft) can paintings.
Biology of getting older provides the organic ideas that experience resulted in a brand new figuring out of the explanations of getting older and describes how those uncomplicated rules support one to appreciate the human event of organic getting older, durability, and age-related disorder. meant for undergraduate biology scholars, it describes how the speed of organic getting older is measured; explores the mechanisms underlying mobile getting older; discusses the genetic pathways that have an effect on durability in quite a few organisms; outlines the traditional age-related alterations and the useful decline that happens in physiological structures over the lifespan; and considers the consequences of modulating the speed of getting older and toughness.
How human language developed from the necessity for social communicationThe origins of human language stay hotly debated. regardless of growing to be appreciation of cognitive and neural continuity among people and different animals, an evolutionary account of human language—in its glossy form—remains as elusive as ever.
- Cilia: Motors and Regulation: 92 (Methods in Cell Biology)
- Cilia and Nervous System Development and Function
- Advances in Genetics: 81
- Gap Junctions in Development and Disease
- Human Growth and Development
- Advances in Genetics: 83
Additional info for Atlas of Chick Development