By T. Dartnall
those matters are explored in 5 interrelated elements, each one of that is introducted and defined by way of a number one determine within the box.
- Prologue (Margaret Boden)
- half I: Foundational matters (Terry Dartnall)
- half II: Creativity and Cognition (Graeme S. Halford and Robert Levinson)
- half III: Creativity and Connectionism (Chris Thornton)
- half IV: Creativity and layout (John Gero)
- half V: Human Creativity Enhancement (Ernest Edmonds)
- Epilogue (Douglas Hofstadter)
For researchers in AI, cognitive technology, desktop technology, philosophy, psychology, arithmetic, good judgment, sociology, and structure and layout; and an individual attracted to the speedily starting to be box of synthetic intelligence and creativity.
Read Online or Download Artificial Intelligence and Creativity: An Interdisciplinary Approach: Volume 17 (Studies in Cognitive Systems) PDF
Similar consciousness & thought books
How will we see? this query has interested and puzzled philosophers and scientists for millennia. In visible notion, brain and international meet, whilst gentle mirrored from items enters the eyes and stimulates the nerves resulting in task within the mind close to the again of the top. This neural task yields unsleeping reviews of a global in 3 dimensions, clothed in shades, and instantly well-known as (say) flooring, sky, grass, bushes, and acquaintances.
The character of attention and the connection among the brain and mind became the main hotly debated issues in philosophy. This e-book explains and argues for a brand new procedure known as enactivism. Enactivism continues that recognition and all subjective innovations and emotions come up from an organism's makes an attempt to take advantage of its atmosphere within the carrier of functional motion.
What mediates among sensory enter and motor output? this is often essentially the most easy query you may ask concerning the brain. there's stimulation in your retina, anything occurs on your cranium after which you hand reaches out to snatch the apple in entrance of you. what's it that occurs in among? What representations make sure that you to snatch this apple?
In 1988, Jerry Fodor and Zenon Pylyshyn challenged connectionist theorists to provide an explanation for the systematicity of cognition. In a hugely influential severe research of connectionism, they argued that connectionist reasons, at top, can merely tell us approximately info of the neural substrate; motives on the cognitive point needs to be classical insofar as grownup human cognition is largely systematic.
- Conceptual Understructure of Human Experience: Volume 1 (Thesis)
- In Defense of Sentimentality (Passionate Life)
- Deadly Vices
- Mary Sidney Herbert: Printed Writings 1500–1640: Series 1, Part One, Volume 6 (The Early Modern Englishwoman: A Facsimile Library of Essential Works â€“ ... Writings, 1500â€“1640: Series I, Part One)
- The Wild Longing of the Human Heart: The Search for Happiness and Something More
Extra info for Artificial Intelligence and Creativity: An Interdisciplinary Approach: Volume 17 (Studies in Cognitive Systems)