Read or Download A Cybernetic View of Biological Growth PDF
Similar developmental biology books
A dialogue of the neural crest and neural crest cells, facing their discovery, their embryological and evolutionary origins, their mobile derivatives - in either agnathan and jawed vertebrates or gnathostomes - and the wide issues of migration and differentiation in general improvement. The ebook additionally considers what is going incorrect while improvement is misdirected by way of mutations, or through publicity of embryos to exogenous brokers similar to medicinal drugs, alcohol, or extra diet A, and contains discussions of tumours and syndromes and start defects related to neural crest cells.
Evolutionary developmental biology, or 'evo-devo', is the examine of the connection among evolution and improvement. Dealing in particular with the generative mechanisms of organismal shape, evo-devo is going directly to the center of the developmental starting place of edition, the uncooked fabric on which ordinary choice (and random float) can paintings.
Biology of getting older offers the organic rules that experience ended in a brand new realizing of the factors of getting older and describes how those simple rules support one to appreciate the human adventure of organic getting older, toughness, and age-related sickness. meant for undergraduate biology scholars, it describes how the speed of organic getting older is measured; explores the mechanisms underlying mobile getting older; discusses the genetic pathways that have an effect on durability in numerous organisms; outlines the conventional age-related alterations and the practical decline that happens in physiological structures over the lifespan; and considers the consequences of modulating the speed of getting older and toughness.
How human language developed from the necessity for social communicationThe origins of human language stay hotly debated. regardless of becoming appreciation of cognitive and neural continuity among people and different animals, an evolutionary account of human language—in its smooth form—remains as elusive as ever.
- Reproductive Biology of Invertebrates, Progress in Reproductive Endocrinology: Volume 8
- International Review of Cytology: A Survey of Cell Biology: 219 (International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology)
- Mathematical Modeling of Biological Systems, Volume I: Cellular Biophysics, Regulatory Networks, Development, Biomedicine, and Data Analysis: 1 (Modeling ... in Science, Engineering and Technology)
- Mortality and Maldevelopment: Part I: congenital cardiovascular malformations: Congenital Cardiovascular Malformations Pt. 1
- Hormonal Carcinogenesis V: 617 (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology)
Additional info for A Cybernetic View of Biological Growth