By KEK PEGGY
This booklet celebrates the twentieth Anniversary of Asia-Europe assembly (ASEM), that is a political discussion procedure bringing jointly governments and civil society contributors from Asia and Europe. The publication depicts the evolution of Asia-Europe kinfolk because the origin of the ASEM, an off-the-cuff political discussion method, initiated in 1996. The publication chapters are contributed by way of leaders of Asia and Europe together with Head of states and Ministers from Asia and Europe. it's a particular e-book commemorating and celebrating twenty years of Asia-Europe relations.
- Foreword (Ambassador ZHANG Yan)
- Introduction: ASEM at 20 (Peggy KEK)
- The Asia-Europe assembly (ASEM): A Bridge among East and West (GOH Chok Tong)
- Building on two decades of ASEM: increasing Connectivity and Inclusion (Chimediin SAIKHANBILEG)
- Connectivity: Shaping the way forward for ASEM (ZENG Peiyan)
- 20 Years of Asia-Europe assembly from 1996 to 2016: An energetic Partnership — prepared for the subsequent a long time (Frank-Walter STEINMEIER)
- Making Employability paintings: Indonesia's event (Anies BASW EDAN)
- The starting and way forward for ASEM: the possibility of the Silk street undertaking and the AIIB (Romano PRODI)
- Japan's Initiative for the Asia-Europe assembly (ASEM) (Fumio KISHIDA)
- Building a Joint destiny for ASEM: View from Kazakhsta (Erlan IDRISSOV)
- Connectivity because the Key function of ASEM's 3rd Decade (Jean ASSELBORN)
- The monetary and Social value of Creativity (Jet BUSSEMAKER)
- Role of tradition and the humanities for the merchandising of Mutual knowing and improvement among Asia and Europe (KIM Jongdeok)
- Sweden's Contribution to the ASEM casual Seminars on Human Rights (Margot WALLSTRöM)
- Reflections on ASEF (Tommy KOH & Peggy KEK)
- About the Editor
- About the Series
ASEM: New Beginnings:
ASEM: the longer term, construction at the previous and Present:
ASEM AND ASEF:
Readership: Policy-makers, lecturers and common readers attracted to Asia-Europe relations.
Read or Download 20 YEARS OF ASIA-EUROPE RELATIONS PDF
Best international affairs books
First released in 1966
During this brief, obtainable and to-the-point e-book, ecu fee Vice-President Maroš Šefčovič argues that the european needs to proceed to maneuver in the direction of a extra political union, to damage decisively with the darker forces of chauvinism and mutual hostility that solid a shadow over a lot of Europe’s 20th century background.
The 2011 Arab uprisings are built-in into the stream to create a neighborhood fiscal group for a possible twenty-eight international locations, with approximately 500 million electorate. A reinvented Marshall Plan, supported the world over, is imminent. This up to date e-book offers strategic versions to strengthen the agencies required.
The political realities of up to date Russia are poorly understood by means of Western observers and policy-makers. but if it is the clash in Syria, the iciness Olympics in Sochi or the quandary in Ukraine, Russia dominates the headlines. during this hugely enticing ebook, Andrew Monaghan explains the significance of 'getting Russia right', and never easily accepting dominant political narratives that concentrate on the topic of Russia's historic development in the direction of democracy, and extra lately, at the expanding flip in the direction of authoritarianism, and the foremost difficulty posed via President Vladimir Putin to Russia's improvement and reform.
- Ethnic Groups and U.S. Foreign Policy (Bibliographies and Indexes in Afro-American and African Stud)
- Reinhold Niebuhr and International Relations Theory: Realism beyond Thomas Hobbes (Routledge Research in International Relations Theory)
- A Theory of World Politics (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- The voice of Al Qaeda: An analysis of its propaganda and media strategies
- International Relations in Southeast Asia: The Struggle for Autonomy (Asia in World Politics)
- Politics and Religion in the United Kingdom (Routledge Studies in Religion and Politics)
Extra info for 20 YEARS OF ASIA-EUROPE RELATIONS